The WV Fair Housing Action Network offers fair housing training to low-income households, social service and housing agencies, housing consumers and housing providers — including but not limited to: real estate agents, public housing authorities and housing managers, maintenance staff, homeowner associations, and cooperatives.
Our staff is available to explain the Fair Housing Act, meet with people who have experienced housing discrimination, and show how our services might help you or people you serve access housing. In the past, WV FHAN has provided training to groups such as:
- Residents and staff of homeless shelters
- Social workers assisting families with children
- Social service agencies assisting clients with housing searches
- Domestic violence advocates
- Independent living advocates
- Medical personnel who work with people with disabilities
- Veterans advocates
Training opportunities range from 60-90 minute presentations, as well as 3-hour certified training.